Mainly there are two types of DC Motors. One is Separately Excited DC Motor and other is Self-excited DC Motor. The self-excited motors are further classified as Shunt wound or shunt motor, Series wound or series motor and Compound wound or compound motor. The dc motor converts electrical power into mechanical power.
What are the type of DC motors?
The types of DC motor include:
- Permanent Magnet DC Motor (PMDC Motor)
- Separately Excited DC Motor.
- Self Excited DC Motor.
- Shunt Wound DC Motor.
- Series Wound DC Motor.
- Compound Wound DC Motor.
- Short shunt DC Motor.
- Long shunt DC Motor.
How many types of direct current motors are there?
Types of DC Motors. There are 3 main types of DC motor that are available:- Series, Shunt and Compound. These terms relate to the type of connection of the field windings with respect to the armature circuit.
Which motor uses direct current?
A Direct Current (DC) motor is a motor that turns energy from a direct current and turns this into mechanical energy. The first DC motor was developed around the 1830’s-1840s.
What is the example of DC motor?
Direct-current motors are extensively used in variable-speed drives and position-control systems where good dynamic response and steady-state performance are required. Examples are in robotic drives, printers, machine tools, process rolling mills, paper and textile industries, and many others.
What are the 4 types of motors?
There are 4 main types of DC motors:
- Permanent Magnet DC Motors. The permanent magnet motor uses a permanent magnet to create field flux. …
- Series DC Motors. In a series DC motor, the field is wound with a few turns of a large wire carrying the full armature current. …
- Shunt DC Motors. …
- Compound DC Motors.
What are the different types of motors?
Types of Electric Motors
- AC Brushless Motors. AC brushless motors are some of the most popular in motion control. …
- DC Brushed Motors. In a DC brushed motor, brush orientation on the stator determines current flow. …
- DC Brushless Motors. …
- Direct Drive. …
- Linear Motors. …
- Servo Motors. …
- Stepper Motors.